Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
Pr 9:1-18. The commendation of wisdom is continued, under the figure of a liberal host, and its provisions under that of a feast (compare Lu 14:16-24). The character of those who are invited is followed by a contrasted description of the rejectors of good counsel; and with the invitations of wisdom are contrasted the allurement of the wicked woman.
2. mingled--to enhance the flavor
3. maidens--servants to invite (compare
4-6. (Compare Pr 1:4; 6:32). Wisdom not only supplies right but forbids wrong principles.
7, 8. shame--(Compare
9. The more a wise man learns, the more he loves wisdom.
11. (Compare Pr 3:16-18; 4:10).
12. You are mainly concerned in your own conduct.
13. foolish woman--or literally, "woman of folly," specially manifested
by such as are described.
17. The language of a proverb, meaning that forbidden delights are sweet and pleasant, as fruits of risk and danger.
18. (Compare Pr 2:18, 19; 7:27).