Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
Ps 148:1-14. The scope of this Psalm is the same as that of the preceding.
1. heavens [and] heights--are synonymous.
2. hosts--(compare Ps 103:21).
4. heavens of heavens--the very highest.
5. praise the name--as representing His perfections.
6. The perpetuity of the frame of nature is, of course, subject to
Him who formed it.
7-10. The call on the earth, as opposed to heaven, includes seas or depths, whose inhabitants the dragon, as one of the largest (on leviathan, see on Ps 104:26), is selected to represent. The most destructive and ungovernable agents of inanimate nature are introduced.
8. fulfilling his word--or, law, may be understood of each. Next the most distinguished productions of the vegetable world.
14. exalteth the horn--established power
(Ps 75:5, 6).