Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
Ps 32:1-11. Maschil--literally, "giving instruction." The Psalmist describes the blessings of His forgiveness, succeeding the pains of conviction, and deduces from his own experience instruction and exhortation to others.
3, 4. A vivid description of felt, but unacknowledged, sin.
4. thy hand--of God, or power in distressing him
5. A prompt fulfilment of the purposed confession is followed by a prompt forgiveness.
6. For this--that is, my happy experience.
7. His experience illustrates the statement of Ps 32:6.
8. Whether, as most likely, the language of David (compare
or that of God, this is a promise of divine guidance.
9. The latter clause, more literally, "in that they come not near thee"; that is, because they will not come, &c., unless forced by bit and bridle.