Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
Ps 34:1-22. On the title compare 1Sa 21:13. Abimelech was the general name of the sovereign (Ge 20:2). After celebrating God's gracious dealings with him, the Psalmist exhorts others to make trial of His providential care, instructing them how to secure it. He then contrasts God's care of His people and His punitive providence towards the wicked.
3. magnify the Lord--ascribe greatness to Him, an act of praise.
4. delivered . . . fears--as well as actual evil (Ps 64:1).
5-7. God's favor to the pious generally, and to himself specially,
6. This poor man--literally, "humble," himself as a specimen of such.
8. taste and see--try and experience.
11. children--subjects of instruction (Pr 1:8, 10).
12. What man--Whoever desires the blessings of piety, let him attend.
20. bones--framework of the body.
21, 22. Contrast in the destiny of righteous and wicked; the former shall be delivered and never come into condemnation (Joh 5:24; Ro 8:1); the latter are left under condemnation and desolate.