Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
1. amiable--not lovely, but beloved.
2. longeth--most intensely
3. thine altars--that is, of burnt offering and incense, used for the whole tabernacle. Its structure afforded facilities for sparrows and swallows to indulge their known predilections for such places. Some understand the statement as to the birds as a comparison: "as they find homes, so do I desire thine altars," &c.
6. valley of Baca--or, "weeping." Through such, by reason of their dry and barren condition, the worshippers often had to pass to Jerusalem. As they might become wells, or fountains, or pools, supplied by refreshing rain, so the grace of God, by the exercises of His worship, refreshes and revives the hearts of His people, so that for sorrows they have "rivers of delight" (Ps 36:8; 46:4).
7. The figure of the pilgrim is carried out. As such daily refit their
bodily strength till they reach Jerusalem, so the spiritual worshipper
is daily supplied with spiritual strength by God's grace till he appears
before God in heaven.
10. I had . . . doorkeeper--literally, "I choose to sit on the threshold," the meanest place.
12. that trusteth--constantly.