Are you a Christian?
Online Store:Visit Our Store
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge -
2 KINGS 12
<< 2 Kings 11 - 2 Kings 13 >> - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
1 Jehoash reigns well all the days of Jehoiada.
4 He gives order for the repair of the temple.
17 Hazael is diverted from Jerusalem by a present of the
19 Jehoash being slain, Amaziah succeeds him.
- the seventh.
* 2Ki 9:27; 11:1,3,4,21 2Ch 24:1-14
* 2Ki 11:2 1Ch 3:11
* 2Ki 14:3 2Ch 24:2,17-22; 25:2; 26:4
* 2Ki 14:4; 18:4 1Ki 15:14; 22:43 2Ch 31:4 Jer 2:20
- A.M. 3148. B.C. 856. said to the priests.
* 2Ki 22:4 2Ch 29:4-11; 35:2
- the money.
* :18 1Ki 7:1 1Ch 18:11 2Ch 15:18; 31:12
- dedicated things. or, holy things. Heb. holiness.
* Le 5:15,16; 27:12-27,31
- even the money.
* 2Ki 22:4 Ex 30:12-16 2Ch 24:9,10
- that every may is set at. Heb. of the souls of his
* Le 27:2-8
- and all the money.
* Ex 25:1,2; 35:5,22,29; 36:3 1Ch 29:3-9,17 Ezr 1:6; 2:69; 7:16
* Ezr 8:25-28 Lu 21:4
- cometh, etc. Heb. ascendeth upon the heart of a man.
- Let the priests.
* 2Ch 24:5
- let them repair.
* :12; 22:5,6 1Ki 11:27 2Ch 24:7 Isa 58:12
- three and twentieth year. Heb. twentieth year and third
year. the priests.
* 1Sa 2:29,30 2Ch 29:34 Isa 56:10-12 Mal 1:10 Php 2:21 1Pe 5:2
- king Jehoash.
* 2Ch 24:5,6-14
* :2; 11:4 2Ch 23:1; 24:16
- Why repair ye.
* 1Ch 21:3
- took a chest.
* 2Ch 24:8-14 Mr 12:41
* 2Ch 24:10
- the priests.
* 2Ki 22:4; 23:4; 25:18 1Ch 15:18,24 Jer 35:4; 52:24
- door. Heb. threshold.
* Ps 84:10 *marg:
- the king's.
* 2Ki 19:2; 22:3,12 2Sa 8:17; 20:25
- scribe. or, secretary. put up. Heb. bound up.
* 2Ki 5:23
- in bags.
Sir J. Chardin informs us, "it is a custom of Persia always to
seal up bags of money; and the money of the king's treasure is
not told, but is received by bags sealed up." These are what
are called in the East purses; each of which, as Maillet
informs us, contains money to the amount of 1,500 livres, or
about 63œ. of our money. The money thus collected for the
reparation of the temple, seems, in like manner, to have been
reckoned in bags of equal value to each other; as we can
scarcely imagine the placing it in bags would otherwise have
been mentioned. The value of a Jewish purse is unknown; but
the bags mentioned in ch. 23 5:23, amounted to a talent.
- gave the money.
* 2Ki 22:5,6 2Ch 24:11,12; 34:9-11
- laid it out. Heb. brought it forth.
* 1Ki 5:17,18 Ezr 3:7; 5:8 Lu 21:5
- was laid out. Heb. went forth.
- there were not.
That is, there were no vessels made for the service of the
temple till all the outward repairs were completed; but, when
this was done, "they brought the rest of the money before the
king and Jehoiada, whereof were made vessels of gold and
silver," (2 Ch 14 24:14,) to replace those which had been taken
away by Athaliah and her sons.
* 2Ch 24:14
- bowls. See on
* Nu 7:13,14 1Ki 7:48-50 Ezr 1:9-11
- trumpets. See on
* Nu 10:2
- they reckoned.
* 2Ki 22:7
- for they dealt.
* 2Ch 34:12 Ne 7:2 Mt 24:45 Lu 16:1,10,11 1Co 4:2,3 3Jo 1:5
- trespass money.
* Le 5:15-18; 7:7 Nu 5:8-10; 18:8,9 Ho 4:8
- A.M. 3164. B.C. 840. Hazael. See on ch.
* 2Ki 8:12-15
- against Gath.
* 1Sa 27:2 1Ki 2:39,40 1Ch 8:13; 18:1
- set his face.
* Jer 42:15 Lu 9:51,53
- to Jerusalem.
* 2Ch 24:23,24
- took all the hallowed.
He dearly bought, by such unhallowed means, a peace which was
of short duration; for the next year Hazael returned, and
Jehoash having no more treasures, was obliged to hazard a
battle, which he lost, and the principal part of his nobility,
so that Judah was totally ruined, and Jehoash soon after slain
in his bed by his own servants.
* 2Ki 18:15,16 1Ki 15:18 2Ch 16:2
- went away. Heb. went up.
- the rest.
* 2Ki 8:23 1Ki 11:41; 14:19,29
- his servants.
* 2Ki 14:5 2Ch 24:24,25; 25:27; 33:24
- the house of Millo. or, Beth-millo.
* Jud 9:6 2Sa 5:9 1Ki 11:27
This person is called Zabad in Chronicles, and Shimeath his
mother is said to be an Ammonitess; and Jehozabad is said to
be the son, not of Shomer, but of Shimrith, a Moabitess. Who
the fathers of these two persons were we know not; they were
probably foreigners and aliens. Some suppose that they
belonged to the king's chamber, and therefore could have easy
access to him.
* 2Ch 24:26
- Zabad. Shomer.
* 2Ch 24:26
- Shimrith. Amaziah his son.
* 2Ch 24:27
GOTO NEXT CHAPTER - TREASURY OF SCRIPTURE KNOWLEDGE INDEX