Are you a Christian?
Online Store:Visit Our Store
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge -
<< Ezekiel 41 - Ezekiel 43 >> - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
1 The chambers for the priests.
13 The use thereof.
15 The measures of the outward court.
- he brought.
* Eze 40:2,3,24; 41:1
- the utter court.
* Eze 40:20 Re 11:2
This seems to denote a row of chambers in three stories;
which appear to have been situated in the inner court, (here
called the outer court in reference to the temple, ver. 13,
14,) just before the separate place, at the entrance from the
* :4; 41:9,12-15
Perhaps this means, that the north door was 100 cubits from
the entrance into the court; and that the door-way, or
portico, was 50 cubits in length; or, that it faced one of
the cloisters, the length of which was 100 cubits, and its
breadth 50, which was the proportion of all the cloisters.
One side of these buildings looked upon the void space about
the temple of twenty cubits, and the other toward the
pavement belonging to the outer court.
- the twenty.
* Eze 41:10
- the pavement.
* Eze 40:17,18 2Ch 7:3
- gallery against.
* Eze 41:15,16 So 1:17; 7:5
These seems to have been two rows of these chambers, and a
walk between of ten cubits in width; with an entrance into it
from the chambers, of one cubit in width.
- a walk.
- a way.
* Mt 7:14 Lu 13:24
- were higher than these. or, did eat of these.
* Eze 41:7
- than the lower, and than the middlemost of the building. or,
and the building consisted of the lower and the middlemost.
* Eze 41:6 1Ki 6:8
Passing from the north to the south side of the temple (ver.
11, 12,) the prophet was shewn that the space of ground,
which was before the temple on the east, measured 100 cubits.
- from under. or, from the place of.
* Eze 46:19
- the entry. or, he that brought me. as one goeth. or, as he
- the thickness.
Rather, "the breadth of the wall," that is, the breadth of
ground which it enclosed.
* Eze 41:12
- over against.
These south chambers were exactly like those on the north.
* :1,13; 41:13-15
- was a door.
- they be holy.
* Ex 29:31 Le 6:14-16,26; 7:6; 10:13,14,17; 24:9 Nu 18:9
* Eze 40:46 Le 10:3 Nu 16:5,40; 18:7 De 21:5
- the most holy.
* Le 2:3,10; 6:14,17,25,29; 7:1,6; 10:13,17; 14:13; 21:22 Nu 1:9,10
* Nu 18:9,10 Ne 13:5
- they not go.
* Eze 44:19 Ex 28:40-43; 29:4-9 Le 8:7,13,33-35 Lu 9:62
- and shall put.
* Isa 61:10 Zec 3:4,5 Ro 3:22; 13:14 Ga 3:27 1Pe 5:5
* Eze 41:2-5,15
* Eze 40:6-16
- side. Heb. wind. the measuring reed.
Estimating the reed at 10« feet, 500 reeds will be nearly
equal to a mile; so that from this statement we find the
temple, with its outbuildings, was built on a square, nearly
an English mile on each side, and four miles in
circumference. This not only far exceeds the size of
Solomon's temple, or that after the captivity, which was only
500 cubits, or a furlong, on each side, and exactly half a
mile in circuit; but is nearly equal to the whole extent of
Jerusalem itself, which, when greatest, was but 33 furlongs
in circumference, somewhat less than 4 miles. This seems
clearly to intimate, that the vision cannot be explained of
any temple that has hitherto been built, or indeed of any
literal temple, but figuratively and mystically of the
spiritual temple, the church under the gospel, and its
* Eze 40:3 Zec 2:1 Re 11:1,2
- it had.
* Eze 40:5 So 2:9 Isa 25:1; 26:1; 60:18 Mic 7:11 Zec 2:5
- five hundred.
* Eze 45:2; 48:20 Re 21:12-17
- a separation.
* Eze 22:26; 44:23; 48:15 Le 10:10 Lu 16:26 2Co 6:17 Re 21:10-27
GOTO NEXT CHAPTER - TREASURY OF SCRIPTURE KNOWLEDGE INDEX