Are you a Christian?
Online Store:Visit Our Store
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge -
<< Psalms 149 - Proverbs 1 >> - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
1 An exhortation to praise God;
3 with all kinds of instruments.
- Praise ye the Lord. Heb. Hallelujah.
* :1 149:1
- in his sanctuary.
* Ps 29:9; 66:13-16; 116:18,19; 118:19,20; 134:2
- in the firmament.
* Ge 1:6-8 Eze 1:22-26; 10:1 Da 12:3
- for his mighty.
* :5 145:5,6 Re 15:3,4
* :4 96:4 13 45:3 De 3:24 Jer 32:17-19
- with the sound.
* :2 81:2,3 95 8:5,6 Nu 10:10 1Ch 15:24,28; 16:42 Da 3:5
- trumpet. or, cornet. the psaltery.
* Ps 33:2; 92:3; 108:2; 149:3
- with the timbrel.
* Ex 15:20
- dance. or, pipe.
* :3 149:3 *marg:
* Ps 33:2; 92:3; 144:9 Isa 38:20 Hab 3:19
* Job 30:31
- the loud cymbals.
* 1Ch 15:16,19,28; 16:5; 25:1,6
- Let every thing.
* :22 103:22; 145:10; 148:7-11 Re 5:13
CONCLUDING REMARKS ON THE BOOK OF PSALMS.
The Psalms have been the general song of the universal Church;
and in their praise, all the Fathers have been unanimously
eloquent. Men of all nations find in these compositions a
language at once suitable to their feelings, and expressive of
their highest joys and deepest sorrows, as well as of all the
endlessly varied wishes and desires of their hearts. Whether
the pious believer is disposed to indulge the exalted
sentiments of praise and thanksgiving towards the ALMIGHTY
FATHER of his being; to pour out his soul in penitence or
prayer; to bewail, with tears of contrition, past offences; to
magnify the goodness and mercy of GOD; to dwell with ecstacy on
the divine attributes of wisdom and omnipotence; or to rejoice
in the coming of the MESSIAH, the Psalms afford him the most
perfect models for expressing all his feelings.
GOTO NEXT BOOK - TREASURY OF SCRIPTURE KNOWLEDGE INDEX