استخدام: TWOT-850c Proper Name Masculine
اليوناني سترونغ: G2448 G2455
1. Judah = "he shall be praised"
1) the fourth son of the patriarch Jacob
2) the tribe that were the offspring of Judah
3) the region occupied by the tribe
4) a city of the tribe of Judah, conjectured to be Hebron, which was a city assigned to the priests and located in the hill country, and the native place of John the Baptist according to Jewish tradition
2. Judah or Judas = "he shall be praised"
1) the fourth son of Jacob
2) an unknown ancestor of Christ
3) a man surnamed the Galilean, who at the time of the census of Quirinus, excited the revolt in Galilee, Acts 5:37
4) a certain Jew of Damascus, Acts 9:11
5) a prophet surnamed Barsabas, of the church at Jerusalem, Acts 15:22,27,32
6) the apostle, Jn 14:22, who was surnamed Lebbaeus or Thaddaeus, and according to opinion wrote the Epistle of Jude.
7) the half-brother of Jesus, Mt. 13:55
8) Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus