Are you a Christian?
PREVIOUS CHAPTER - NEXT CHAPTER - HELP - FACEBOOK - GR FORUMS - GODRULES ON YOUTUBE
2. clean--or, "faultless."
3. (Compare Margin). Rely on God for success to your lawful purposes.
4. for himself--"for its answer," or "purpose," that is, according to God's plan; the wicked are for the day of evil (Ps 49:5; Jer 17:18); sinning and suffering answer to each other, are indissolubly united.
5. (Compare Pr 3:32).
6. By mercy and truth--that is, God's
He effects the atonement, or covering of sin; and the principles of
true piety incline men to depart from evil; or, "mercy" and "truth" may
be man's, indicative of the gracious tempers which work instrumentally
in procuring pardon.
7. Persecutions, of course, excepted.
8. (Compare Pr 15:6, 16, 17).
10. The last clause depends on the first, expressing the importance of equity in decisions, so authoritative.
12. Rulers are rightly expected, by their position, to hate evil; for their power is sustained by righteousness.
14. This wrath, so terrible and certain, like messengers of death (1Ki 2:25), can be appeased by the wise.
15. light of . . . countenance--favor
16. (Compare Pr 3:16; 4:5).
17. The highway--A common, plain road represents the habitual
course of the righteous in departing from evil.
19. divide the spoil--that is, conquer. Avoid the society of the proud (Jas 4:6).
21. wise in heart--who rightly consider duty.
22. Understanding--or, "discretion," is a constant source of blessing (Pr 13:14), benefiting others; but fools' best efforts are folly.
23. The heart is the source of wisdom flowing from the mouth.
25. (Compare Pr 14:2).
26. Diligence is a duty due to one's self, for his wants require labor.
33. Seemingly the most fortuitous events are ordered by God.