Orig: or Mamakath (Josh. 13:13) \i mah-ak-awth'\i0\plain\f3\fs21\cf23 ; from 4600; depression; Maakah (or Maakath), the name of a place in Syria, also of a Mesopotamian, of three Israelites, and of four Israelitesses and one Syrian woman:--Maachah, Maachathites. See also 1038. H4600 H1038
Maachah = "oppression"
n pr m
1) father of Achish, king of Gath at the beginning of Solomon's reign
2) father of Hanan, one of David's mighty warriors
3) a Simeonite, father of Shephatiah, prince of his tribe in the reign of David
4) son of Nahor by concubine Reumah
n pr f
5) daughter of king Talmai of Geshur, wife or David, and mother of Absalom
6) daughter of Absalom, wife of king Rehoboam of Judah, and mother of king Abijam of Judah
7) concubine of Caleb the son of Hezron
8) wife of Machir of the tribe of Manasseh
9) wife of Jehiel, father of Gibeon
Maachathites = "pressure (literally she has pressed)"
10) a mercenary people hired to fight David