Strongs Number: G2455
Orig: of Hebrew origin H3063 ; Judas (i.e. Jehudah), the name of ten Israelites; also of the posterity of one of them and its region:--Juda(-h, -s); Jude. H3063
Use: Noun Masculine
Heb Strong: H3063
Judah or Judas = "he shall be praised"
1) the fourth son of Jacob
2) an unknown ancestor of Christ
3) a man surnamed the Galilean, who at the time of the census of Quirinus, excited the revolt in Galilee, Acts 5:37
4) a certain Jew of Damascus, Acts 9:11
5) a prophet surnamed Barsabas, of the church at Jerusalem, Acts 15:22,27,32
6) the apostle, Jn 14:22, who was surnamed Lebbaeus or Thaddaeus, and according to opinion wrote the Epistle of Jude.
7) the half-brother of Jesus, Mt. 13:55
8) Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus